Sai Wan Rock Pools!

Went to the Sai Wan rock pools today for the first time! I've wanted to go for ages, I'm so glad I finally got to go! It was SUCH a hot day for it, and it was so so humid, the hike was a biaaaatch. The hike there wasn't actually too bad, but by the time we reached the beach we were so hot and sweaty that we just had to go into the sea! 


First arriving at Sai Wan Beach


So we chilled in the sea for a bit, and once we cooled down we climbed to the rock pools. I am not joking when I say we climbed there.. I was in flip flops with a massive rucksack, and it was so difficult! Half the time I was basically crawling along the rocks.. There were children there wearing helmets cause it was that rocky and difficult! Well either way we made it and was greeted by an amazing view! 

We had to walk along those rocks on the right! - Ouch!?


Once we put our bags down we were straight in the water and it was bliss! Fresh water, mmm. There were fish nibbling on our feet which tickled and was actually quite nice, haha! We swam around a bit then climbed up to jump off the cliffs...

The view from where we jumped off
So I think from looking at this picture it's pretty valid that I was absolutely crapping myself when I got up there! I almost didn't do it, but just as I was about to turn around, a group of people started clapping and cheering for me to jump, so I had to then! And oooohhh myy godddd! It was brilliant! The fall felt so long and it was fantastic! Such a rush!



That's the video of me jumping off! As you can see I have a little squirm before I compose myself, while I thought as I was jumping that I was quite calm and collected - ha! And for any girl who is going to do anything like this, I only have one tip - HOLD YOUR BOOBS VERY, VERY TIGHTLY. It was so painful, wont go into details, but you get me - ouch



It was really really beautiful and for anyone who is visiting, or even living in Hong Kong, I strongly suggest you give Sai Wan a try! But if you're going to go on a hot day (like we did) bring plenty of water, cause you'll be doing a lot of hiking! 



On our way back we stopped by a little restaurant on the beach to get a bit of energy before starting our trek back. We were a little disappointed they didn't have any traditional Chinese dishes: the choice was noodles, rice with meat, or fried rice. But it did it's job! 

The hike boasted gorgeous views of the reservoir in Sai Kung, and it was actually quite nice walking back, once we got past the MASSIVE hill - honestly it was so steep! 

Sai Kung Reservoir

Even though we all moaned a lot on the way back because all the taxis were refusing to pick us up and we had to walk another hour or so in ridiculous heat, we all really enjoyed it! I've come home considerably more tanned and having done a tremendous amount of exercise! 


If you love hiking and swimming and just being outdoors and exploring, then please do go to Sai Wan! I cannot recommend it enough! 



xxxx







0 comments:

Post a Comment